Saturday, November 30, 2013

Leaving Bishop

Well I officially will be heading out of Bishop CA tomorrow December 1st.  I have found a spot that I feel could be home, however it is one, which I will really have to figure out what I will do for work.  I have met so many great people and for the week of thanksgiving I had some good friends from CO come out on a last minute trip.  It was great to climb with Noe and Zach and just hang out with familiar people.
We went to a church, which was hosting a climber's thanksgiving dinner.  We were all wondering if we would have to listen to a little preaching...figured there would be some sort of catch.  However, the family hosting it were genuine and kind, no preaching they were just happy to share stories and the meal with the climbing community.  This was the first year they hosted this dinner and were not sure if people would even show up.  I would say there were a total of 25 or so climbers throughout the night who stopped in.  If I am ever back here for thanksgiving I will totally join them again and bring a dish to share.  It was very kind and gave a nice family feeling to the evening.

I had a blast climbing with Noe and Zach as both are very motivating climbers.  I finally sent Son of Claudius Rufus V5 and will get Serengeti V5 (we did an evening session on it, but I just need a little rest) the next time I come to Bishop.  I also sent the Fang V4 on my 3rd try and thankfully Noe was there and in a very mellow and clam voice reminded me to breath as it was a long overhung problem.  I also figured out my girl beta for Erotic Terrorist V6 and I will send that the next time I am here too!
I will be meeting up with Denise for one more quick bouldering session before I head out.  It has been so great to meet some locals and some people who are living here.  I met another group of guys (climbed with them at crystal ridge and am heading to climb with them this afternoon) who live here so when I come back I will already know people to climb with.  
My body is tired and worked, but it feels great!  I am excited to make a short stop back in CO and visit with some awesome people and then head east for family time.  I still plan to climb at minimum 4 days a week while home so I am ready for Hueco, but I sure will feel spoiled staying in a house with a bed and a shower! HAHA.  Life is so sweet when you realize how little you need to be happy.  

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Sounds like your Thanksgiving made more memories.
    Look forward to hearing your next adventure.
    You are missed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved seeing you yesterday, thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your wonderful stories and adventures with us. It is so good to see you so happy!!

    ReplyDelete