Friday, January 3, 2014

Holidays

Leaving Bishop was hard, but I was looking forward to spending some time with my family and friends.  Colorado greeted me with -7 and -10 degree weather forcing me inside and no climbing!  It was alright as I have great friends who took me in and treated me so well.  It is great to know these people are in my life.  I visit the school I used to work at, which was refreshing.  Although I do miss those students and some amazing people who work there, it was immediately obvious to me that I made the right decision to leave.  After spending a few days in Conifer with Katie I headed to the Denver area and spent some much needed time with Tracy.  We had some adventures even though it was freezing out!  We went to the Museum of Contemporary Art, which was a blast.





After the art museum I was lucky enough to attend one of Tracy's yoga classes.  She is such a badass Yogi.  It is great because we started going to yoga together and now 4 yrs later she is a yoga teacher who's practice has grown so much! 
Tracy and I decided to venture to the mountains where we met up with a good friend of mine for a day of snowboarding.  Thankfully James hooked us up with free passes, otherwise I don't think I would have gotten a chance to ride at all this season.
I then headed to Fort Collins to spend some time with Rhea who also was so kind to let me leave my car at her house.  It was so great to catch up with everyone.  On Dec. 11 Bodi and I headed out east.  Bodi as usual was amazing on the plane and super excited to be let out of the carrier when we arrived at Newark airport.  Since being home I have gotten to spend lots of time with family and my new nephew Iggy! So cute!!!










Bodi was able to visit NY and meet Iggy as well.

 Since being back I have had the chance to hang with the girls for some cookie moments! I forgot how much fun we can have.  It is great to be reminded.



(getting crafty with Marzipan)

The food since I have been back has been wonderful.  I feel so spoiled and ate so much on Christmas I had to unbutton my pants! HAHA...I think I will have to start running or i'm gonna gain weight.  I just can't help myself.

 
Climbing while out here has mostly been at the gym so far.  Although I have gotten outside three times and enjoyed it, I have realized how spoiled I am getting to climb out west all of the time!

Sourlands, NJ V5 Dwarf

 We have been getting snow consistently, but I'm not going to let that keep me inside! I have hiked a few times and get outside as much as possible.




Oh yea...my christmas present to myself!!!!! Check it! :)

I still have just under two weeks left here in PA.  I was planning on getting outside a few more times however the forecast is not looking promising.  We just got about 8 inches of snow and its -7 degrees out. I guess i'll just have to keep visiting the gym until I go back out west.


No comments:

Post a Comment