Monday, June 24, 2013

Some Colorado Love

I must say I have been having a blast visiting Colorado.  I wasn't stoked on having to return just to get my car registration renewed.  I thought it was going to feel mundane and as if my trip hadn't started.  I was completely wrong and have loved every second of being here.  I have had the chance to climb in the high country both Rocky Mountain National Park and Mt Evans and hit some front range favorites.  I have been doing a lot of bouldering and some sport climbing.  Yesterday was a great day at Dream Canyon even though it ended with a thunder storm.  I got worked on some 5.11c and 5.11d, but enjoyed it. The time spent climbing and the time spent with great friends here in CO has been a wonderful addition to my trip.  I will be here for two more full days before moving on with my trip.  Today is a rest day, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday will be filled with climbing.  By the time I leave I will have climbed 11 out of the 14 days of being in CO.  By the time the month ends I will have climbed at least 21 days out of the 30 days in the month of June.  I think that is a good start!
To my Colorado friends (climbing and non climbing friends) thank you for all the love and generosity it has made me feel special!  Know if you wanna join me at any part i'll pick you up and drop you off where ever and of course some day when I do have a home not on 4 wheels you are all welcome to stay with me whenever you need a place. (Hopefully it will be somewhere rad)

I will start to make my way out to Portland on Thursday.  I may stop in Salt Lake, will for sure be visiting Tahoe and then up to Portland to meet up with Scott and head to Squamish on the 3rd of July!  I cannot wait to be in Squamish I originally was planning to take a climbing trip there this summer, before the idea for climbing for a year happened.  I plan to climb tall routes, boulder, sport, and get on some trad.

Loving this adventure and all the positive vibes and people it has brought into my life.


Getting my belay on...belaying Scott on 5.11d

Cube Boulder RMNP

Dream Canyon

Huge Dandelion 

Jeremy Leading 5.11d

No comments:

Post a Comment