Friday, June 14, 2013

After spending a night at Joe's Valley getting swarmed by nats I decided it was no fun to camp there.  I awoke went climbing for a bit, brought Bodi to the reservoir and headed out.  I had thought about heading to Red Cliff, but when I looked up the weather it said cold and possibly rainy, which is not what I wanted.  I started searching for other locations and all were going to be way to hot and no shade.  I went on and checked the weather for Red Cliff one more time and it was going to be upper 80s and sunny.  Sounded perfect.  I got to Red Cliff around 4:30 not sure where I was going to camp.  However, I have camped at Kluttergarden before (the bouldering area) and figured if I needed to I could again.  I went bouldering for a bit and ended up meeting a couple who were camping in disperse camping and filled me in on where to go.  I ended up with a sweet little spot on a hill over looking the river and even some snow covered mountains in the background.  This would be the first time I have really camped by myself.  It was absolutely wonderful.  I could not believe how great I felt the whole time out.  I woke Wednesday morning cooked breakfast for Bodi and I.  Enjoyed my coffee and started to write.  Then I did some yoga in my cozyorange gear, played fetch with Bodi, went climbing in the evening.  It was so nice not to consider anyone else's plans and just do what I wanted.  The experience was very empowering and uplifting.  I learned a lot about myself.  I also kept asking why I had never camped alone till I was 28 years old!  It will become an annual trip for me.  Now I know why my good friend Tracy always does an annual camping trip just her and her dog.  Thursday morning I woke up and headed to Denver.  Got to spend the day with a great friend go to a pool party that makes me think Denver has some style. Check it out
                                                      http://www.taxibyzeppelin.com
 All reclaimed materials...gave a Brooklyn feel to a run down part of Denver.  The pool was an old freight shipping container lined and a deck built up around it.  Very cool.  After the dip in the pool some good food and wine I headed to another friend's to crash. Climbed this morning and am about to head back out to climb with some more friends.  I am so grateful for all the welcoming people I know and meet.  I can't wait to continue this adventure and continue to find myself in new situations.  I must say the moments of not knowing where I was going next and knowing I would just be by myself were the moments I feared the most before this trip began.  Now I have experienced it and realized those days will be just as wonderful as the days I am with new and old friends.

7th day of climbing at City of Rocks...cozyorange gear


Yoga at camp in more cozyorange clothing


View from Campsite
Camp

Bodi hanging at camp off leash loving life

Joe's Valley Reservoir

Joe's Valley


1 comment:

  1. Jackie these are gorgeous photos! And you've totally inspired me to camp solo :)

    ReplyDelete