Monday, June 10, 2013

A great Start

I have been on the road for a week and a half now and have met some amazing people already.  I started in City of Rocks climbed 8 days straight all day.  First I met Tori, Susie, and James all great people and very welcoming.  Tori and Susie are badasses leading run out trad and just so much fun to climb with.  James was great with critiquing my gear placements so I can begin to have more confidence leading on gear.  Tori then introduced me to her friend Alex and his two friends Anga and Ken.  Again a great group to climb with.  Also so welcoming as they opened up their place in Salt Lake to me.  I am stoked to climb with all of them again on my trip.  I am now heading to Joe's Valley Utah for some bouldering and free camping.  Was planning on going to Moab but 103 temps might be to much for Bodi so I may be heading back to CO a little earlier than planned.  

I did lead that 5.7 crack on gear to the 5.9 bolted sport.  I also led a 5.10 sport and another 5.6 longer trad climb.  I am pretty happy that I had the confidence to lead on gear.  (Not sure why my pictures are not coming up the right direction and I can't seem to rotate them. Sorry!)

5.7 trad crack to 5.9 sport lead


City of Rocks at sunset

Climbing across from Alta

Rad formation at City of Rocks

2 comments:

  1. Wow....you have had a perfect start to your adventure. I'm so glad you've already met wonderful rock climber friends and had positive experiences. Isn't it amazing how people will open their hearts and homes for you, even barley having met you? People can be SO generous (just like you are as a friend!). Good ideal to remember as we walk through life and meet new friends.

    ReplyDelete