Thursday, August 1, 2013

Two months have past!


I found it fitting to write a blog post today as two months has officially past.  I can’t believe I have spent 60 days already on the road camping, climbing, and exploring.  I have climbed 41 days out of the 60, which includes a lot of driving days. I will be staying in Portland for the next few weeks saving some gas money.  I have not found many climbing partners out here so it is a little frustrating, but I’m still climbing about 5 days a week.  However, Portland has offered me new opportunities so I figure it balances out.  I’m going mountain biking tomorrow for the first time ever.  I met a woman who has an extra bike and helmet! So excited.  I also met up with an old friend who I have not seen for 6 or 7 years.  She races cars so I’m going to go to one of her races and check that out.  The end of August we will be spending a week in Leavenworth WA climbing both bouldering and long multi pitches.  We might make a quick trip up there next weekend.  I’m down, but I don’t work so its up to Scott and Jimmy :)

It was a rainy day today so we went to the circuit in Portland.  It was a pretty fun bouldering gym.  It was nice to get worked, but I’m looking forward to getting back outside this weekend.   Last weekend we went to French’s Dome near Mt Hood.  It was a very unique rock dome with a beautiful view of Mt Hood.  The rock out here is very different and in some areas very slick, but I’m starting to get used to it. I have gotten to go to 4 different local areas so far and am enjoying Portland.

Bouldering at Carver V6 will send this before I leave!

French's Dome

Crankenstine 11c French's Dome

Mt. Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment